The PM Jan Dhan Yojana was launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi in 2017 to connect all the people in the country with the banking system. A zero balance account can be opened under the PM Jan Dhan Yojana. Apart from this, you also get many other banking facilities like – cheque book, passbook, accidental insurance etc. when you open an account in this scheme. Apart from this, the customer is also given the facility of overdraft.
Therefore, after opening an account in PM Jan Dhan Yojana, you can withdraw money even if there is no money in your account.
What is PM Jan Dhan Yojana?
Under this scheme, zero balance accounts are opened and even if you do not have money in your account, you will not be charged for not keeping a minimum balance. You will also get insurance benefits. This scheme has helped in providing facilities like savings account, pension account and insurance to crores of people of the country.
How to open an account
If you want to join this scheme, you can open an account by going to the bank or the nearest post office. To open an account under this scheme, you must have an Aadhaar card and a PAN card. You must be at least 10 years old to open an account. If you want, you can also add your old savings account to the Jan Dhan scheme.
These facilities will be provided
- Under this scheme, an account is opened with RuPay ATM card, accident insurance of Rs 2 lakh, life cover of Rs 30 thousand and interest on the deposit amount.
- In this scheme, you get an overdraft facility of Rs 2000 immediately after opening the account.
- Apart from this, an overdraft facility of Rs 10,000 is given to you later.
- There is no need to maintain a minimum balance in this account.
- You can open a Jan Dhan account by going to any bank.