LPG Cylinder Insurance: Now gas cylinders are being used every hour in the country and perhaps there will be a house where there will be no LPG cylinder. Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana has been launched to promote the gas cylinder scheme in the country. After that, gas cylinders have reached every poor person.
But do you know that you get 50 lakh insurance on gas cylinders. As soon as a person fills a gas cylinder, his family gets accident insurance from the company.The special thing is that you do not have to pay any premium to get insurance of 50 lakh.
Actually, the gas filled in the LPG cylinder is very flammable and even after taking all the precautions, accidents happen. Due to lack of knowledge about the maintenance of gas cylinders, many times there is an accident of cylinder explosion in homes. In this case, the consumer has the right to compensation. The customer gets the right to claim Rs 50 lakh from the petroleum companies for his family.
According to the government website, an insurance of Rs 50 lakh is given by the petroleum company to the customer and his family who takes a cooking gas connection. Rs 50 lakh insurance is given in case of gas leak or blast. For this, there is a partnership between petroleum companies and insurance companies and if the claim is made, the insurance company will pay it.
- Each family will be given Rs. 50 lakh and Rs. 10 lakh will be given as insurance.
- If only property is damaged, then you can claim up to Rs 2 lakh.
- In case of death, Rs 6 lakh is paid as personal accident cover.
- A maximum of Rs 30 lakh is received for treatment, which will be Rs 2 lakh per member.
How to claim
- The accident must be reported to your nearest police station and gas agency.
- The ground report of this accident will be done by the office of the insurance company associated with the concerned area.
- The accident will be confirmed to the insurance company.
- After the investigation report, the claim will be filed, for which the customer does not need to apply himself.
- Copies of the complaint given to the police, medical expenses and bills and post-mortem or death certificate in case of death should be kept for claim.