Voter ID Card Online Correction: The Lok Sabha elections are due in 2024 and for this, people would have needed Voter ID the most. Voter ID is considered to be the most important document to vote and sometimes we also have problems regarding it.
Sometimes there is a problem with the name in the voter ID, sometimes there is a problem with the date of birth and if it is wrong, we cannot even vote. If there is such a problem in your voter ID, then now you do not need to run around in front of anyone. Now you can correct the name and date of birth in the online voter ID even sitting at home. Let’s know the process online.
Correct the name:
- First of all, you have to visit the official website of the National Voter Service Portal https://voterportal.eci.gov.in /.
- Then click on register.
- Enter your Aadhaar number, name, date of birth and mobile number.
- Now create your password and re-enter it. Now click back to the register.
Once the registration is complete, you can apply for correction of name in the voter ID. For this, the following steps have to be followed.
- Click on the Voter ID option.
- Now click on the corrections.
- Now click on the option to change the name.
- Enter your name, date of birth, state, constituency and current address.
- After clicking on Upload, you have to upload the necessary documents for the correction of the name.
- After filling the declaration form, click on the submit button. Your application will be sent to the Election Commission and if the application is found to be correct, your correct name will be updated in the voter ID.
Fee, documents required, time
- No fee is charged for the correction of name in the voter ID card.
- To get your name corrected in Voter ID, you will need any government document confirming the name, such as Aadhaar card, PAN card, driving license, passport, etc.
- It takes 15 to 30 days to correct the name in the voter ID.
If you are facing any problem in getting your name corrected in the voter ID, you can contact your local voter registration officer.